Sunday, June 16, 2013

Learning Daily Fantasy Baseball

I discovered DraftKings about a month and a half before the NBA regular season ended. I instantly fell in love with the concept of daily fantasy sports, particularly for basketball and football. I don't know baseball very well. I enjoy watching the Rays but I've never really gotten into knowing the nuts and bolts of how baseball translates into fantasy. So I'm going to chronicle my struggles and shitty picks for $1 and $2 games for the rest of this season on DraftKings.

I did daily baseball for about the first month, and burnt myself out. Lost some money and never felt like depositing any more funds into my account. This is round two for me, and I have a little bit of a clearer idea in who to pick. 

The most useful site I use is http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php. If you wait about an hour before the first pitch, most lineups will be posted. Honestly, the most difficult thing about daily fantasy baseball is making sure all your players are actually playing that day! I made this mistake today as you'll see in a moment.  )-.-(

I've learned that if you don't have two pitchers that can put up at least 15 points, your chances of cashing out are much lower. I went with two inexpensive pitchers today, and hit gold with Kluber. I watched Hernandez get his face melted inning after inning. I'm still learning how to interpret match ups and figure out which pitchers will excel in which situations. I stacked the Rangers because they were at him in Arlington and the matchup seemed favorable. If I had squeezed 10 more points out of any of my hitters or pitchers I would have cashed. 



I also watched Adrian Beltre pop fly out with two outs and the bases loaded. So close, yet so far! Grand slam would have put me in the top 50 for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment